Our Board is responsible for leading and guiding us towards achieving a vision and organizational outcomes that fulfill the Mission of the CBFRS.
Board Member Requirements
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Interest in the agency’s goals
- A willingness to expand knowledge of board responsibilities through orientation and ongoing education
- A willingness to represent the organization to the community
Board Member Duties
- Human Resources: staff recruitment and development, staff accountability, personnel policy, and volunteer recruitment
- Planning: Reviewing organizations mission, plan for organization’s future; evaluating the organization’s programs and operations on a regular basis
- Finance: Ensure financial accountability of the organization, budget development, raising funds, managing and maintaining properties.
- Community Relations: Ensuring programs and services meet the needs of the women it serves, marketing the organization’s services and programs, organizing and participating in community events
- Organizational Operations: Assuring that administrative systems, board operations, and organizational structures are appropriate and meet all legal requirements.
2021-2022 Board Members
- President: Jo-Ann Buhler-Low
- Vice President: Ann Kamp
- Treasurer: Wendy Anderson
- Directors: Simone Aloe, Karen Bergman, Susan Grover, Shannen Ross, Paula Turcasso, Debbie Zammit