Through funding from MCFD, we offer family counselling services in the Elk Valley to families with at least one child under the age of 19.
- The family counselling program offers services to individuals, couples, or the family as a whole.
- Counselling will focus on family systems issues, with the aim of helping families to resolve their problems.
- Counselling will help clients to reduce and transform the impacts from their past.
- Counselling will help clients to identify and modify coping patterns that no longer fit.
- Counselling will help clients to become better communicators.
- Counselling will help clients to discover their internal resources so that personal growth can be experienced
Families can self refer to the program by calling the counsellor directly 250-430-1004 or Contact us for more information
Sexual Abuse Intervention Program (SAIP)
The Sexual Abuse Intervention Program provides the following services:
- Individual and group support for children and youth ages 3-18 who have disclosed sexual abuse.
- Resources and support for caregivers to assist with understanding the impact of sexual abuse on children/youth
- Support for children with sexual behaviour problems e.g. self exposure, inappropriate touching
- Psycho-educational sessions for the caregivers of children with sexual behaviour problems
- Educational workshops or presentations on issues such as internet safety or healthy relationships
Children and youth may self refer or be referred by a third party or agency such as a parent, school counsellor or child protection officer. Children and youth are eligible for services if they are under the age of 19 and have experienced sexual abuse and/ or are under the age of 12 and have sexual behaviour problems believed to be related to sexual abuse or sexual exploitation experiences.
Children, youth and/or families can self-refer by calling the counsellor directly 250-430-1133 or Contact us for more information